Mr. Jimmy Deenihan, T.D., Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht launched a code of archaeological practice between his Department, the National Museum of Ireland and Bord na Móna last Wednesday. The Minister stated his belief that the code "will further copperfasten the protection of archaeology in Bord na Móna bogs.".
The aim of the code is to create a clear framework for Bord na Móna to progress its work programme, while at the same time addressing, in a structured manner, the need to protect archaeological objects, sites and monuments.
The Code of Practice is available in booklet form and may also be downloaded here.
- 18/03/2013 18:45 - NMS Survey Tender Advertised
- 11/03/2013 19:51 - Discovering the Archaeologists of Europe: Digging in the Crisis
- 11/03/2013 17:17 - Dublin City Council - archaeological excavation services tender
- 10/03/2013 13:31 - Waterford City Council - Project Archaeologist Tender
- 28/02/2013 10:41 - JSTOR access: action required