What counts as CPD ?
The value of CPD to the particular individual is based on its relevance to them so if an undertaking develops your skill base, adds to your sum of professional knowledge or the archaeological knowledge base as a whole-it is CPD.
For record purposes there are five main areas:
- Training-attendance or giving of conferences, lectures, IAI CPD event, training courses etc.
- Professional/Institutional Activities-serving on committees, councils, think-tanks, IAI Board, lectures for organisations, local societies etc.
- Publication & Communication-writing, editing, peer-reviewing, articles, books, exhibitions, newspaper pieces, etc.
- Post-grad Education-relevant masters etc.
- Miscellaneous-to include up to one day of structured reading.
IAI CPD Requirement: 40 hours or 5 days per year.
Latest IAI News
- IAI Conference 2019 – Stakeholders and Roundtable Discussions February 27, 2019
- IAI Conference 5/6 April 2019 in River Lee Hotel, Cork City February 20, 2019
- JIA Call for Papers & shorter paper format February 18, 2019
- IAI Photography Competition – Cork 2019 January 25, 2019
- Call for papers now open January 9, 2019