Why join the IAI ?
The primary role of the IAI is to at act as the representative body of professional archaeologists in Ireland. The mission of IAI is to advance the profession of archaeology by seeking to promote development, education, contact, regulation, high standards and public dissemination of its work.
Membership is critical to the Institute to ensure as wide a representation as possible. It is only through an engaged membership that the functions and aims of the IAI can be fulfilled and the profession can evolve.
The IAI represents all sectors of the archaeological profession. That is why we call on all professional archaeologists to join together and work with IAI in reaching goals that we all have a stake in.
The benefits of membership include:
- The Institute represents all sectors of the archaeological profession in Ireland. Your membership gives strength to the Institute to represent the profession and achieve shared aims.
- Acknowledgement of your professional qualifications and experience. Use of the designated letters MIAI for Full Members.
- Discounted member rates at IAI Conference
- Discounted member rates at IAI Continuous Professional Development courses
- A copy of the Journal of Irish Archaeology each year (normal Retail Price €20)
- Free access to the online JSTOR Ireland collection is available to all paid-up IAI members
- Access to IAI Newsletter
- Regular email updates
- 20% discount on all online orders of books from Wordwell
- 15% discount on NEW online subscriptions of Archaeology Ireland from Wordwell, and 10% discount on existing online subscriptions
- 20% discount on all online and telephone orders from Four Courts Press (regular online discount is 10%)
- 20% discount on all online orders from Routledge
Latest IAI News
- IAI Newsletter – open call for articles by 6 July June 5, 2018
- CPD event 12 May 2018 April 25, 2018
- Congratulations to the new Director of the National Museum of Ireland January 17, 2018
- IAI Board meeting 22 January 2018 January 15, 2018
- IAI2018 – Call for Conference papers January 15, 2018